1740: Thanks to the support of Madame de Pompadour a porcelains manufactory is founded in
1745: Thanks to the patronage of Madame de Pompadour, the State Council gives to the
manufactory the privilege to make porcelains in Saxony style.
1752: Not far from Versailles an estate is acquired (to allow Madame de Pompadour to follow
the development of the manufactory).
1754: The works for the new manufactory begin.
1756: At the end of the works the manufactory is transferred in Sèvres and acquired by
1759: Having followed the change of time and style the manufactory still works, but mainly
for the State.
Taken into consideration the exceptional quality of its production, the manufactory attracts
a considerable number of collectors from various countries.
Louis XV acquires all the shares of the manufactory and asks Boileau to be the director.