The Hermitage of Compiègne (the Petit Trianon of Compiègne)

Architect: Gabriel.
Not far from the castle as in Fontainebleau, this small building made in 1753, with its simplicity and comfort suits the taste of Madame de Pompadour.

The pavilion at the ground floor had once two floors with a vestibule, an entrance hall, a salon and a boudoir.

We don’t have the projects of the elevation, only the ones referred to the ground floor.

During the reign of Louis XVI the Hermitage is property of the Viscount of Laval, the Governor of Compiégne.
We don’t know who decided to destroy the building.