Choisy is well known since 1176 as part of the sovereignty of Thiars, which belongs to the Abbey of Saint-Germain de Pres. The commune is placed on both the banks of the river Seine..
In 1739 Louis XV acquires the castle for the hunting (close to Menars). Since then the village changes its name in Choisy-le-Roi. Louis XV gives the castle to Madame de Pompadour in 1746.
As Danton and Robespierre use to live there during the revolution, the castle is saved from the destruction.
In 1792 the revolutionaries change the name of the place into Choisy-sur-Seine.
Today nothing remains of its past splendour.